Company: Millennium Control Systems, LLC
Location: Eastlake, Ohio, United States
Position Type: CONTRACT WITH FULL TIME EMPLOYMENT POTENTIAL
Millennium Control Systems LLC, (MCS) established in 1997 and located in Eastlake, OH is a recognized leader in providing engineered control systems and software solutions for the glass, metal, rubber, paper, OEM and other industries. MCS offers turn-key automation solutions including manufacturing and installation.
MCS is a growing company headquartered in an attractive and convenient suburb of Cleveland with additional offices located in Detroit and Atlanta areas. We offer professional challenges, personal rewards, competitive compensation and a comprehensive benefits package that includes: Health, Dental and Vision, 401(k) w/company match, paid vacation and holidays. MCS has also historically offered a bonus primarily based on company's financial performance and outlook which has been paid every year for the last 13 years.
• Work directly with Lead Automation Engineer and all team managers.
• Develop PLC and drive based machine control solutions meeting customer specifications and all applicable safety standards and functional requirements.
• Develop HMI and SCADA control solutions meeting customer specifications and functional requirements.
• Accept responsibility for accuracy and content of design, as assigned by team manager.
• Interface with customers, project managers and sales team.
• Design, develop and supervise the production of equipment, processes, systems and subsystems.
• Controls systems design, specification, programming, simulation and testing.
• Anticipate and identify customers needs and translate into design specifications.
• Supervise the budgeting, testing and commissioning (will require travel to customer sites) of projects.
• Identify and monitor project milestones.
• Involvement with all aspects of a project, from inception to completion.
• Communicate with the project manager and other project engineers.
• Develop device lists and BOMs in conjunction with other assigned project engineers.
• Meet project specifications and deadlines.
• Design and produce and/or review drawings for accuracy.
• Prepare specifications for purchase of hardware materials and equipment.
• Write performance requirements, instructions and reports.
• Occasional field service responsibilities, including; installation supervision along with basic commissioning of PLC’s, Drives and HMI control systems.
• Participate in manufacturing checkout at customer shop tests, as required.
• Train end user personnel on system; when required.
EXPERIENCE, SKILLS and ABILITIES:
• Excellent communication skills.
• Ability to interact with customers and vendors while representing Millennium in a
• Ability to work independently and as part of a team.
• Willing and capable to learn new products, as required.
• Must be creative, inventive, logical, practical, analytical, innovative and
• Detail-oriented and well organized.
• Problem-solving skills and abilities.
• Capable of working both independently as well as in a team environment.
• Responsible, reliable and quick to respond to customers’ needs and requests.
• Project management skills including management of multiple projects.
• Ability to read and understand electrical schematics for control systems.
• Experience with and understanding of AC and DC motor theory.
• Ability to commission AC and DC drives.
• Proficient at PLC and HMI programming; robot programming experience a plus.
• Working knowledge of NEC, NFPA-79 and UL-508.
• Basic AutoCAD skills.
• Must have proven experience in PLC logic and programming with any of the
following PLC’s: Allen Bradley, Modicon, GE Fanuc, Siemens, Automation Direct.
Mitsubishi, Omron, Aromat, Toshiba, etc.; and HMI or SCADA programming and
configuration of any of the following software packages: Wonderware, Rockwell,
Intellution, GE Cimplicity, Ci-Tech, Iconics, Siemens, U.S. Data; etc..
• Required - Bachelor’s or higher degree in Engineering, Automation and 5 to 10 years of equivalent experience.
• Preferred MS degree in Electrical Engineering.
Email resume w/salary requirement to: [email protected]